Friday, April 02, 2010

April Showers

Today has been a bizarre day. It has been rainy, sunny and most of all blustery! The wind is whistling through the cracks in the doors and windows and scaring the kitties.
I've been contemplating studying, or taking the dog for a walk (I'm dog-sitting), or doing some fairy-tale inspired sketches (as it is Hans Christian Anderson's birthday!). As a little visual gift from me to you, I've put together a few of my latest illustrations. I've been laying off the knitting lately, due to a sore wrist, so sketching has taken its place. I find that sketching is much easier on the hands and still lets me relieve my creative urges.



These little fox images were done using a potato stamp for the faces and teapot, and black ink and Prismacolor pencil crayons for everything else.



They were an art experiment from a couple of weeks ago.



Next up, some biological drawings of mushrooms. These were done from memory, as I had studied up on fungi for my Mushrooms of North America series of sewn fungi.



Finally, a little doodle done while watching copious amounts of LOST. These are modeled after a set of Matryoshka dolls that I have had since I was a girl. The image is in ink and Prismacolor pencil crayons.


Happy art-making!
~Nessa

2 comments:

tinkers said...

i love the little foxes! they remind me of fantastic mr.fox. (the book not the new movie out) too cute!

about V said...

I'd never heard of the fantastic Mr. Fox before and I LOVE Roald Dahl! How could I miss it?
Thanks!

~Nessa