Saturday, June 14, 2008

going for a spin

Photobucket

Yesterday, I finally procured for myself an Ashford Classic Drop Spindle, & some teal merino roving.

Photobucket

helped me start it up, and she pulled off about a quarter of one skein of roving. I have since spun the whole piece, and I guess I need to start on another quarter strip. I bought 2 skeins, probably around 50g worth of fiber, and I hope to make enough yarn to knit a toque. I might spin another colour and ply it with this one, but we'll see how this one goes. So far I am finding it pretty easy, although my yarn is a bit thick & thin looking, but let's just call that a "design element" :-)

Photobucket

HAPPY KNIT IN PUBLIC DAY!
Too bad Google doesn't have a knitting related icon for today!

happy public knitting,
~Nessa

No comments: